Photo courtesy of Insider Monkey | The North Pole, Alaska, branch of Blockbuster will be closing soon.
March 13, 1:33 a.m. — Xavier Police and Residence Life checked on an underage intoxicated student in Fenwick Place. The student was OK and allowed to remain in their room for the night. Residence Life will follow up.
March 13, 11:48 a.m. — The admissions department reported a suspicious subject attempting to join a tour on campus. The area was searched, and the suspect was unable to be located.
March 15, 2:30 p.m. — Joseph Chevrolet reported the theft of a rental vehicle from the Gallagher Lot. The keys were left inside the vehicle. Xavier Police and Cincinnati Police are investigating.
March 15, 3:48 p.m. — A student reported the theft of their Down jacket left unattended in Alter Hall.
March 15, 9:00 p.m. — Xavier Police investigated a report of a subject panhandling in the Smith Lot. The subject fled on foot when officers arrived and was last seen running behind houses at Dana Avenue and Idlewild Avenue.
March 16, 1:46 a.m. — Xavier Police checked on an intoxicated student in the lobby of Husman Hall. The student was OK and allowed to remain in their room for the night. Residence Life was notified and will follow up.
March 17, 1:27 a.m. — Cincinnati Fire and Rescue transported an underage intoxicated student from Kuhlman Hall to Good Samaritan Hospital. Residence Life will follow up.
March 17, 2:30 p.m. — Xavier Police received a call from the University of Dayton Police Department reporting that an underage intoxicated Xavier student had been transferred to Miami Valley Hospital for possible alcohol poisoning. The student was also in possession of a fictitious ID and was referred to the code of conduct.
Note of the Week
“Justice dispensed itself”
March 16, 9:39 a.m. — A Physical Plant employee reported damage to the vending machine on the second floor of Fenwick Place. The window was damaged, but the suspect was unable to access the products.
Week in Review
- A Seattle man took a selfie with every single blue mailbox in the entire city of Seattle (March 15).
- Alabama State Rep. Harry Shiver stated that he believes Alabama lawmakers ought to protect their women, meaning that teachers should not be armed as most teachers are women (March 15).
- Bruce Wayne, an Ohio man who ate Chipotle every day for 500 days, ended his streak while wearing a leather Batman costume (March 16).
- Shia LeBeouf will be starring in a movie about his life, but he will not be playing himself. Instead, he will be playing his father (March 17).
- A Chinese airline denied allegations that a group of its flight attendants participated in an orgy, despite there being a video uploaded online (March 19).
- The North Pole branch of Blockbuster will be closing, leaving only six Blockbusters left in operation (March 19).
This post was assembled by U.S. & World News Editor Kevin Thomas.
Categories: U.S. & World News