Photo courtesy of Justin Sullivan | Amazon now has an Oreo Cookie Club, delivering Oreos every month.
Jan. 10, 1:45 a.m. — Xavier Police, Cincinnati Fire, Residence Life and Physical Plant responded to a fire alarm at Brockman Hall. Burnt popcorn activated the alarm. The system was reset.
Jan. 11, 11:55 p.m. — Xavier Police assisted Residence Life with a room search in Kuhlman Hall. A small amount of marijuana and paraphernalia were confiscated. Residence Life will follow up.
Jan. 12, 2:00 a.m. — Norwood Fire and Rescue transported an underage commuter student to University Hospital for possible alcohol poisoning.
Jan. 12, 4:36 p.m. — A student reported they were being harassed by an unknown person through their Facebook account. Residence Life was notified.
Jan. 12, 7:41 p.m. — Xavier Police, Residence Life, Cincinnati Fire and Physical Plant responded to a fire alarm at Brockman Hall. It was revealed that hairspray activated the alarm. The system was reset.
Jan. 14, 10:49 a.m. — Physical Plant reported water leaking from a burst pipe in Hinkle Hall. It caused damage to several offices on the first and second floor.
Jan. 14, 4:02 p.m. — Xavier Police assisted Residence Life with a room search in Brockman Hall. A small amount of marijuana was confiscated. Residence Life will follow up.
Jan. 16, 3:17 p.m. — A student reported they were assaulted by another student during an argument in the Commons Apartments. No contact orders were issued and Residence Life will follow up.
Jan. 16, 6:29 p.m. — Xavier Police, Cincinnati Fire and Physical Plant assisted a student stuck in the elevator in the Commons Apartments.
Note of the Week
“The snow was driving me up a wall too.”
Jan. 14, 2:57 p.m. — Xavier Police assisted a student whose vehicle was stuck in the grass and partially on a retaining wall in the residential mall.
Week in review
What you may have missed
- A Florida psychiatrist is suing Reddit for libel and defamation after a thread appeared full of comments accusing him of overdiagnosing and giving patients “the creeps” (Jan. 18).
- Amazon now offers a monthly Oreo cookie subscription box. The Oreo Cookie Club membership starts at $19.99 per month (Jan. 19).
- A Texas judge interrupted a jury that was in deliberations to say that God told him to tell the jury to find the defendant not guilty. The jury found the defendant guilty of human trafficking, and she was sentenced to 25 years in prison (Jan. 19).
- United Airlines has reportedly saved 170,000 gallons of fuel per year by simply using lighter paper in their inflight magazines (Jan. 20).
- Budweiser is no longer one of the three most popular beers in the U.S., despite being number one until 2001, when Bud-Light took over (Jan. 22).
This post was assembled by U.S. & World News Editor Kevin Thomas.
Categories: Campus News