- A Vietnamese barber is giving out free haircuts imitating Donald Trump and Kim Jon Un’s hairstyles to commemorate an upcoming summit in Hanoi. The North Korean leader’s style has been more popular, but one taxi driver said, “I really like Donald Trump, so I want to have (his) hairstyle” (Feb. 20).
- Nurses at a hospital in Naples, Italy, are suspected of purposely causing a cockroach infestation. Detectives said the nurses brought in the roaches in order to close the Accident and Emergency ward so they would be transferred to less demanding jobs (Feb. 20).
- A 10-year-old boy from Columbus now owns the Guinness World Record for longest baby tooth. The tooth measures 0.94 inches long, surpassing the old record of 0.78 inches (Feb. 20).
- An Ontario man set the Guinness World Record for most shirts worn at the same time by donning 260 t-shirts. “Around the 150-shirt mark, I thought it was one of the dumber things I’ve signed up for in a long time,” he said (Feb. 21).
- Duke, the ceremonial dog mayor of a town in Minnesota, passed away at age 13. Duke was elected in 2014 and had served four terms (Feb. 21).
- Middletown, Ohio, police led an escaped pig back home with Oreo cookies. It’s speculated that Charlotte the pot-bellied pig had gone to the market in search of these sweet treats and happily cried “wee, wee, wee” all the way home (Feb. 22).
- A Chinese student finished a writing assignment in record time after she bought a robot and trained it to imitate her handwriting. Her mother reportedly smashed the robot after discovering it (Feb. 22).
- A Wisconsin man opened his door expecting a pizza delivery and found himself under arrest instead. The man had reportedly paid for previous orders with fraudulent money (Feb. 24).
- A woman in the Northern Ireland called cops to report a scam: she paid for cocaine but got brown sugar instead. Police joked that they would happily take calls from those who find themselves in similar situations (Feb. 25).
This post was assembled by U.S. & World News Editor Jack Dunn.