Photo courtesy of Spiritual River | Here are some warning sings to look out for to determine if you should dump your Valentine.
- They tell you, “you should feel lucky I’m even with you in the first place.”
- They make period jokes and don’t have a period.
- They kiss you when you’re mad to make you shut up.
- They make you feel like you’re not good enough for them.
- They ghost you and/or ignore your texts.
- You’ve been told, “You make it really hard to love you.”
- They don’t understand you can be busy or respect your time spent without them.
- They tell you that you need to lose weight on a regular basis.
- They only want to hang out when they know they’ll get sex…and it’s not a purely physical relationship.
- They try to determine what you wear when you’re out together.
- They hit you and play it off as a joke.
- The relationship is full of never-ending drama.
- Your friends have told you on several occasions that you can do better.
- The relationship stresses you out.
- You feel like you can’t talk to them about your problems, or when you do they belittle you.
- They turn you into a person you don’t recognize when you look in the mirror.
- Your SO gives your friends the heebie jeebies and overall bad vibes.
- You cry more than you laugh during time spent together.
- Mom tells you, “You’re not as happy now as when you were single.”
Many of these behaviors are signs of ongoing domestic abuse. Please call The National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 if you or someone you know are the victim of domestic abuse.
This post was complied by Campus News Editor Hannah Paige Michels and Op-Ed Editor Abrena Rowe.
Categories: Opinions & Editorials