Top Posts & Pages
- Xavier discerns its options for fall
- Cincinnati concert season creates anticipation
- Xavier becomes sex-free campus
- Bop, banger, jam: a contemplation on musical forms
- Campus reacts to professor’s unexpected death
- Jude Kiah departs from XU
- SNL fires comedian for racist comments
- LGBTQ+ musicians you need to add to your playlist
- Library launches pandemic archive
- Enrollment is on pace for success
The Newswire was originally called The Xavierian News and was founded by Xavier’s law school in 1915.
Today, The Xavier Newswire is the independent student newspaper of Xavier University.
We serve the 5,000 students of Xavier in addition to the faculty, staff, alumni, and local community. It is an 8-16 page newspaper which covers campus news and events, Xavier athletics, the Cincinnati arts scene, and events in the Cincinnati area. Circulation of the paper is 1,800, and the paper is available for free at many locations on Xavier’s campus.
The Newswire is published on Wednesdays. Staff meetings are on Thursdays. Anyone is welcome to attend. Contact us for more info.
The Newswire can be best reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 513-745-3561.
2019-20 Editorial Staff
Editor-in-Chief: Kevin Thomas
Managing Editor: Heather Gast
Campus News: Alex Budzynski
US & World News: Jack Dunn
Opinions & Editorial: Sydney Sanders
Sports: Luke Feliciano
Back Page: Aidan Callahan
Arts & Entertainment: Sofia Ordonez
Head Copy Editor: Hannah Schulz
Online Editor: Mya Priester
Photo Editor: Jeff Richardson